Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving Fallout


Nothing beats a gluttonous holiday when it comes to self motivation. What’s odd is that my wife and I were not that bad this year, but are now back on to the low-carb-type food (carb/fat) seperation diet. In addition we're doing Jorge Cruise's 8 minutes in the morning workouts (Jorge is on the right, Heidi Klum on the left). We've done both before kids, now that our youngest girl is 6 months, we're going to try and again.

I always look at the strength training tips in Runner's World, and many of Jorge's workouts are similar - but organized in one place. Six days a week, Jorge's book leads you through 4 sets of 12 repetitions for 2 exercises, alternating them for greater effect. There are a number of exercises including standing heel raises, kickups, knee pushups, and one arm curls. In addition to feeling better, I hope this will help my running and maybe get rid of some of the nagging pains I've had (back, heel, etc...). The last time we did this, I could feel a nice difference in my body in under a week - so I'm hoping to stick to this - at least until the more intense spring running starts up.

So how's the running been you ask? Not much going on. Dave and I went out last Monday and did a slow (8:14 pace) 4.47. I then took the rest of the week off for travel and family, and went out today with Larry and Dave for a 7:52 pace 4.32 miler.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home