Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Frozen Fartleks

Today was the first cold weather training run of the season. The weather dipped to 33 degrees with a brisk wind to go along with it. I went out a little fast (7:28 for mile 1, 7:32 for mile 2 and 3:27 for the next 1/2 mile), before slowing (~8:30 pace for 1.5 miles) and then finishing strong (3:17 for 1/2 mile). An odd run, the totals were: 4.48 miles at a 7:48 pace.

Sunday I took Julia out in the stroller (minus the GPS). We did about 4 miles at a pretty slow pace (stroller + hills = slow).

My wife and I have been pretty good about the diet and workouts. I'm particularly happy with the workouts, since I end up logging about the same amount of time doing the strength training as I do running (~60 minutes each) on a per/week basis. I think I'm going to stick with this for at least the next 2 months, then start training for next April's Clamdigger at the end of January.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home