Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Two more runs

Larry and I made it out for a 5.25 miler on Monday. We did the first 4 miles at a ~8:00 min/mile pace, then did 'the bitch' slowly, and finished with a sub-seven last mile. The overall pace was 8:02 ('the bitch' is really hard). Not exactly a high-mileage run, but a little outside our recent comfort zone.

Today I was on my own, and did 4.25 at a 7:56 pace, although the overall pace was pretty uneven: I did a 8:24 warm-up mile, followed by 2 800m intervals (6:37 and 6:44 min/mile paces) each seperated by a slow 400m. At that point I didn't have another pick-up in me, so I did a mile 7:46, then finished up with an 8:12 mile (slight cooldown ).

I've been pretty good about sticking to the diet and excerise routine. Still no muscles, but I've dropped a few pounds. I'm off to Arizona tomorrow through next Monday. I may try and do a 5k race in Tempe Sunday morning - but I'm 90 % sure I won't be able to make it. This may be for the best since I'm not exactly going to kill a race now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home