Friday, April 17, 2009

Time Trial Day

Today I did a 4 mile "time trial" down around Avery/Jupiter Points. It was really more of a 4 mile tempo run - I couldn't really bust out the sub-7:00 pacing. Or, if I did, I didn't know it. I surmised the 4 miles using Google Earth: starting at the golf-course (Shenny), heading around the two "points", over Tyler - back up to the top of Meeche and back down to the start, plus 2 minutes after that. Roughly 4. If it was, my pacing was ~7:20 min/mile. It felt faster, maybe it was, who knows?

The good news is that the hardest part is over: now I have 5 weeks of intervals and longer (but easier) runs + 1 or 2 shorter races before the Memorial Day 10K. The bad news is that the beginning of next week looks like lots of rain - so it's hard to tell exactly I'll be getting the intervals in. Ok, time for the weekend.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home