Sunday, July 26, 2009

Tour de France Finale

After almost 39 years of living on this planet, I've finally discovered the Tour de France. With my San Diego Madres languishing near the bottom of the baseball standings for a majority of my summers (and, subsequently, my interest in MLB getting towards NBA levels of disinterest), and College Baseball finishing up it's season in mid-June - the Tour turns out to be a great summer diversion. This year, the Versus network busted out great coverage both on my HD TV and via a live stream on the internet. Following the helicopter vantage of the riders pedal through the French countryside or up the Alps is mesmerizing and relaxing - and pretty much the closest I'm getting to a vacation this year. Congratulations to this year's winner was Alberto Contador and all the riders who challenged him (the Schlecks in particular). And thanks for getting me to the one month mark before College Football kicks in.

Training is off to a good start this week. I pushed Julia in the double stroller over to Noank - braving the hills, heat and humidity for a good 52 minute - about 5.7 miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home