Monday, August 17, 2009

Maryland and D.C.


So last Wednesday we loaded up the kids and headed to Maryland for a few days, before I moved on (Saturday) to D.C. The kids enjoyed swimming and visiting the Rising Sun Zoo and we all had a great time at the Bel Air BBQ fest and the Havre de Grace art fair.

Of course, the travel made it a little more difficult to pile up the miles, but I still managed: 5.6 miles running Monday, a 3.8 mile run/0.5 mile swim on Tuesday, and 4 mile run along the Ma and Pa trail in Bel Air on Friday. My longest run of last week was a 6 miler about the Washington Mall yesterday morning - which took well over 50 minutes. It was hot and disgusting as well. That gave me a grand 19.4 miles running last week - which isn't horrible considering the travel.

This morning I started week 3 of Marathon training with a short 4 miler down to the Jefferson Memorial. I'll probably take tomorrow off, before trying my long run Wednesday morning down around that same way. Today's jog was just as disgusting - but at least I had a lot more company - as it seems many hundreds of people jog around D.C. during weekday - but not weekends (only tourists like myself then).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home