Monday, August 24, 2009

Misquamicut Beach Run

Today I loaded up the kids, picked up the wife and headed to Misquamicut for 3 mile beach run. We stopped and picked up a Ventrano's pizza on the way and made it there by 5:00. I was hoping earlier - but the kids were just there Saturday for the hurricane bill mega waves. Unfortunately for the run, the waves softened up the beach for much of the run making it feel like running through quick sand (ok, i've never run through quick sand - but that's what I imagine it must feel like). It seems as though most of my runs have had some sort of lame excuse - but the truth is that's only 1/2 of it. Even with the quick sand - I made the 1.5 mile turn at 10:45, but needed another 12 minutes to do the last half. Last year I did the run in 20:18 and dropped to 22:45 this year. That's fine. I can live with that. We had a great time and that's what is important.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home