Monday, August 10, 2015

Week 5 Intervals

Made it out today from work for the first time in many many many weeks.  It wasn't as great as I remembered - very hot and no friends.  But I suppose it beats getting up at 5:00 am to run.  I also used my new mizuno's for the first time.  I was very worried about how they would feel - especially with my arch pain and heel pain - but they felt great for the whole run - maybe the new go-to shoe for this marathon - as I think they are way better in the heel.
The workout today was pretty easy on paper: 4x800s.  I ran them in the 6:20-6:40 pace range - and they killed in this heat.  I didn't realize how hot it was going to feel - the 'real feel' has it up to 86 - not blistering - but not great for intervals either.  I get another easy interval week next week before the really hard sessions return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home