Friday, August 26, 2016

First Run of 45

45 years old.  I had a very nice birthday week: a party with friends and neighbors Sunday and a small celebration with my family last night that included presents, pizza and my favorite desert.  The week wasn't without problems.  I had a phone SIM card issue, which precluded me from tracking my runs, and I have mice in my house.  I've got 3 of the suckers, but they are pretty adept at avoiding the traps, but taking the bait.  The other big problem was the extensor tendinitis.  So today, I headed out for 9 - 8 at MP.  It was hot and humid, but I managed: 7:49, 7:36, 7:50, 7:53, 7:55, 7:47, 7:46 and 7:47 - overall pace was about 7:48 I think.  That gives me 19 miles so far - so a down week.  I'm trying to look on the bright side - maybe a little break before a tough 6 week stretch will be good - and it really shouldn't effect my time come marathon day.  I KT taped my leg, and am glad that the tendinitis felt ok - didn't really notice it.  So I'll play with lacing and try the easy 6 tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home