Thursday, June 21, 2018

Mixed bag June

So this is kind of a 'free' month as far as training goes.  My main focus has been to just get some longer runs in before i officially start my Marathon plan - which, if all goes well - would be about 17 days from now.  The Sunday after the AM mile - I did a 9.3 miler - which felt pretty good.  I then did  a lazy run from work - in which i tripped and fell down - not my best run.  And then thursday of last week I did a 12 miler from home in the morning which really really sucked.  Felt crappy after 4 miles - but wanted at least one 12-er before starting my marathon plan.  I thought it would be easy considering i had a nice 11 miler a few weeks before - but no.  I've been trying to drop a few pounds - so maybe it was just lack of fuel and a little warm weather. 

Anyhow - last sunday I felt really good again - 5 miler at 7:39 pace.  Nice morning.  Nice pace - great father's day run.  Today i headed out for another 'longish' run - 10 at a 8:02 pace.  Felt pretty good - although i'm a little tired now. 

A bit of a break this weekend - then a race next thursday - and maybe the concord 5-miler the following week. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home