Saturday, October 31, 2020

Mile Week 6

 So I ended week 5 with a tough 2 mile tempo (6:39 and 6:41).  Did it at the track - and pretty happy with that.  I then finished the week with an easy 12 miles up and back to Lexington - gave me over 1000 miles for the year.  

Last week I had the hardest workout of the mile plan: 2x800 at mile pace; 2x400 at mile pace, 2x800 at sub-mile pace.  I missed my mark on the 800s - did them around 3 minutes each and the 400s at 1:30.  I did get the 200s down to 43 seconds.  Still good to try and push it.

Finished up the week with a few more runs - and then the backyard ultra style 27.2 miles on Sunday.  I did the first two laps down to alewife and back - then quickly drove to Watertown fo the next 4 laps.  The last one felt really hard.  I may have managed to squeeze out one more - but felt my legs really waring down - and didn't want to do any serious damage.  Not the 50k i was hoping for - but still the longest I've ever run in one day.

This week I did an easier version of last week's workout: 1x800 (3 min) followed by 2x400.  only one minute rest after the 800 and 30 seconds rest between the 400s.  Short and sweet.  It snowed 3" yesterday - so I can't do the track today.  Since there is no 'race date' - i kicked everything back 3 days - so will try the workout next Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home