Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Mile time trial

Well, that didn't go great.  Perfect day out - really warm for late November.  I knew it'd be tough to run under 6 with no race or pacing - and pulling the buff on and off due to walkers - but I only did a 6:11 which is pretty disappointing.  I did this training plan from Podium Runner.  I really like the plan - but for me I think I need to add in some more tempo runs.  The two 2-mile tempos are great - but I think I benefited last spring when i did this plan - but had tempos every week: 2, 3, 4, 5, 3, 2 - so kinda built in some endurance and then focused back down to speed.  After that I managed a 5:54 - which was still off - but way better than 6:11.  Oh well - probably was still good to have another speed block.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home