Friday, December 11, 2020

Arlington and winding down

 So I did my 'Arlington' workout last week.  It was hard - but I think the normal track intervals on short rest are harder.  Maybe the main benefit of the workout is you get some good mile intervals in - as well as some shorter/faster sets - definitely something different.  I went back to the short rest  6x800 this week.  Was cold out and felt hard.  I'm basically done for the year.  I don't think I'm going to do a 5k time trial.  I haven't really done the tempo work - so just doesn't make a ton of sense.  I liked my tempo pyramide last spring - so i think I'll have to find some time to do that again next year - and hopefully do some race prep.  Highlights for the year: 

  • SuperSunday 5M in February- only race I ran; 
  • Completed Strava hill challenge in March; 
  • tempo pyramid in April; 
  • virtual Ragnar in May; 
  • 5:54 track in May; 
  • quarantine backyard ultra in July; 
  • 16 and 17 milers in August; 
  • Real solid 15 miler in early October
  • do-it-yourself backyard ultra (27.2 miles - a single day record) also in October;
and that's about i did a 6:11 mile time-trial in November following some speed work - which clearly didn't take.  And I've been doing 5k intervals since then. May still try and hit the track dec/jan - but kinda losing any sense of urgency. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home