Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Attempted Tempo


Larry was unable to go today, so I headed out with my trusted iPod Shuffle and my new Mizuno Wave Elixers and ran 3.93 miles at a 7:34 min/mile pace. Largely do to poor pacing, I ran the first 2.43 miles at a 7:15 min/mile pace - which I think qualifies it as a decent attempt at a 3 mile 'short tempo' (ST) run. I then walked for ~50 seconds, before finishing up.

Ideally, I would have went slower on the first mile, then do the next 2 at ST pace (~7:10, for now). But about 1.5 miles into the attempted tempo, I realized I'd better stop. It wasn't until I got back that I realized the first mile ('warm-up' mile) was ~7:33 and the second was 6:55. I need to add about 15 seconds onto each of those if I want my wind for the full tempo distance.

The shoes felt great. Hopefully my heels will feel ok tonight (thus justifying the money spent on new shoes).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home