Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy New Year!

It took 3 days, but I went out with Larry today at lunch and did my first run of the New Year. Neither of us had run in a few days, so our pace out of the shute was slow (8:15 mile 1, 8:03 for mile 2), but we warmed up as the run progressed (7:41 mile 3 and 7:27 for the last .8 miles). Overall pace was 7:52 for 3.87 miles.

Prior to the new year, I did a Christmas Eve run while pushing my two daughters in the running stroller. The new stroller is great, but since they sit side-by-side, it's a little like pushing a kite through when facing the wind. The pace wasn't pretty (an almost unbelievable 9:56 min/mile including some walking for 4.5 miles) - but the workout was good, and my oldest daughter got a much needed nap.

In addition to 2 or 3 weekly runs, I'm still doing the 8-minute jorge workouts (last night was shoulders and abs, tonight calves and thighs). I'm thinking now that I'll keep the mileage low for the next 3 months and concentrate on making sure the strength training sticks. Then I'll start my build for my next goal race which isn't until June 20th (JP Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge). The training actually lines up nicely with the Furman plans 5k schedule. In fact, the 5 mile distance run at week 10 (counting backwards from 12) is aligned with the WTAC Clamdigger 5 mile run in April and the 8 mile run for week 6 corresponds with the Twilight trail run out at Bluff Point in May.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home