Monday, July 14, 2008

All Limbs Accounted For.

As predicted, I didn't make the Sailfest run on Sunday, so today was my first day back after getting run of the road on my bike on Friday. I managed 5 pretty slow miles (43:30) in the humidity and on legs that were still feeling battered and bruised. I think they loosened up a little during the run and I feel pretty good right now. Certainly, night time and getting up in the morning is when I'm hurting the most. The question now is how I'll do the rest of the week. Tomorrow I was planning my second brick workout - but I'm not jumping up and down to get back on the bike. I'm also not certain about swimming with still oozing open wounds and news of jellyfish invading the Long Island Sound waters. At the same time, I don't want to pile-up running mileage on legs that may need some rest, or give-up on my aspirations for a triathlon in early August.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home