Saturday, August 29, 2009

Tropical Storm Danny


This feels essentially like a "Noreaster" - buckets of rain all morning. I used the wet morning to take Elena beer/grocery shopping. We ended up picking Fuller's ESB and HB Hefeweizen. Elena says to the lady at the counter "Big beer is for grown-ups and little beer for the kids, right?" Damn Straight Kido!! Well, at least the "big beer for grown-ups" part.

Did my 10 miles home yesterday in light rain. Actually perfect running weather. The mileage was probably a little over 10 (10.1 or 10.2) - and it took 1:27:30. Felt like a long time. The legs felt horrible last night - but feel pretty good today. Wednsday I did a run/swim with Bruce down at Shenny - only 4 "lengths" - which was fine since the water was pretty choppy. Thursday I did my first run in my new Asics 2140s. Every part of my legs/feet didn't like this run: sore quads, achillies and rubbing on the feet - but the run was so short (4.1 miles) that I didn't get any blisters. Needless to say - I switched back the the Brooks for the 10 miler yesterday and will use them again tomorrow (7 miler) before I try again to break them in Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home