Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Spring Week 1 Begins

I have finally begun my spring 1/2-marathon training - keeping my sites tentatively set on the Providence 1/2 on May 2nd. The plan initially was to do my long run on Sunday - followed by 2 swims and a tempo run from work during the week. However, with the move/illness hangover on Sunday I failed to make it out until yesterday from work. I did 8.1 miles in 1 hour and 9 minutes; good for a 8:31 min/mile pace - which was much faster than I'd planned. I did 2 loops - the first at a fast pace with Larry and DaveB (~8:21), then I did the second loop with Larry, who was feeling the Olympic spirit or something, and pushed me to another faster than planned loop (~8:42). Difficult - but a good start.

Last night I did my first strength work in over a week - 8 minutes of upper body.

Today I did an "active recovery" workout in the pool. The workout totaled 1400 meters/yards/whatever and took 48 minutes to complete. I'll do a similar distance - probably on Thursday. I'll try and squeeze my tempo run in either Wednesday or Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home