Monday, April 26, 2010

Sunday Run

I finished off last week with a tough swim on Thursday and an easy 5-miler on Friday. The swim workout is one of my favorites: 2x50 hard; 100 (breadth every 6 strokes); 4x50 hard; 200 (breadth every 5 strokes); 6x50 hard; 300 (breadth every 4 strokes). I'm not sure why I like this one - but it always seems like a great change of pace - and it's amazing how nice the 300 - breadth every 4 strokes feels. The next day's run was an easy 5 miler at an 8 min/mile pace. Felt great - beautiful day!

The nice weather continued through most of the weekend. Sunday was raining but really just spitting and cool - perfect running weather. I headed out and did the route showing on the left - essentially a counter-clockwise loop of the Mystic river. It felt remarkably good considering that just 3 hours before I had 3 enchiladas and a beer - maybe I should try nachos before races. I'd never run the river road at night and it was very very beautiful. I'll really be looking forward to doing this night run again soon. Total mileage was 8.6 miles (according to Google Earth) and I covered it in 1 hour and 14 minutes (~8:36 pace).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home