Thursday, March 25, 2010

Change of Plans

I think I'm going to bag the 1/2 in May - or at least the training plan. I'll still try and do a solid long run, and keep to the plan - but I don't think I'm going to be able to do the 15-16 milers that I'd need to do. The swimming takes a bit of time (x2/week) - so I want to keep the long runs on Sunday - and keep them in the 8-12 mile range. I missed the 20x200 scheduled today, again due to time constraints, and did instead a 5 miler around work. I just realize that to focus on swimming and general fitness - it's a little easier to not go balls-out on 1/2 training. I still think I can do some fun racing: twilight trail run; niantic bay 10K; cannonball run and maybe the 1/2 if i'm "feeling it" - we'll see. Anyway - today's run felt pretty strong. I realized at mile 2 that we were over a 8 min/mile pace and picked it up for a solid finish - probably around 7:45s for the last 3 miles.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home