Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Oh! My Back!

My back's been the story this last week. Sore enough to really bother me, but not enough to stop me from running. I agrivated it doing yard work two weekends ago and sleeping in a sleeper sofa last weekend probably didn't help. I've managed a few runs - but it's really taken it's toll on the strength training - where I'm afraid I'm starting to lose some muscle. Hopefully it'll get better soon.

I managed 34 minutes of running Sunday in NJ and did about 8 minutes or so of push-up/situps (I guess the back wasn't feeling too bad then). I then did the last hill workout with the team yesterday (45,90,120 x2). It felt hot but good and then I did a few more miles to bring the total to ~6.5. Today, since my work office was flooded, I decided to make the best of a bad situation and do my run in the morning after dropping the girls off at school. I did the 7.4 miles of the bluff point course in 67 minutes which is about 9 minute miles. Not great - but hopefully I'll be much faster with a better back for the race in 9 days.

My plan now is to swim tomorrow and try to do a long run Sunday or Monday. Then I'll do a speed session on Tuesday at Fitch.

Updated: new low weight - 153. It was after my trail run - but still, a low I haven't had in years.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home