Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Week -1: More Hills + Lots of Wind

Man - lots of wind this week. The week started great from - but not from a fitness standpoint. I had in the last four days the following to eat: Five Guys Hamburger, Kobi Burger from Cheesecake Factory, Meatloaf and more Meatloaf. The meatloaf, to be fair, is somewhat healthy (I added oatmeal, diced mushrooms and shredded carrots). The Kobi Burger was completely awesome - I'm still drooling over the thought of having another one of those. But this is probably the most red meat I've eaten in recent memory - and there is still half a meatloaf to go!

Anyway - missed the Sunday long run again - Mother's day. I did the swim yesterday. It was hard. I wanted to do 800 straight. I was doing easy/efficient strokes getting across the pool quickly in less than 7 cycles - but I must've been using some energy because my times (per 50) were always less than one minute and I was gassed after 500. So I stopped there and then did 2x200. 1500 total including warmup and cooldown.

Today I did a tough run: hills + 5 miles (8 total). The hill workout was 3x60, 2x90 and 1x120. I felt pretty strong during the hills - but boy are they hard. I slogged the last 5 miles at a 9 min/mile pace - but I'm glad I got some mileage in.

Saturday I may try the Groton Riverfront 5k (which is almost 3.5 miles). It's lightly attended - so I may have a shot at an age group place.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home