Monday, June 06, 2011

Twilight Trail Run 2011.

This last weekend kicked off with the Twilight Trail Run out at Bluff Point. This is usually one of my favorite runs of the year and this year did not disappoint. This marks the 6th time I've run this race and the second time that I've been bothered by allergies. My pace for the previous five years are: 7:42, 7:31, 7:15, 7:39 and 7:16. This year I ran the race in 55:22 - good for a 7:28 pace. I started the first 2 miles with a friend who said, after 2 miles that we were doing 7:35s. Since I was feeling crappy all week - I didn't want to push it too hard early and then struggle for the last half our - but in retrospect we were probably going a little slow at the start. I picked it up a little at that point and had the enjoyable experience of picking off people for the next 5 miles. In the end, my pace was about 10-15 seconds/miles slower than normal - but I think that was pretty good considering the allergies.

After the race I had a great time catching up with an old friend, drinking beer and then heading to Ortega's for a kick-butt chili relleno. Bascially just a perfect night for racing, drinking and hanging out - I need more of those in life.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home