Friday, September 30, 2011

Week 9 Long Run.

I did my long run today.  16 miles - brutal.  2 hour 30 minutes.  My main goal was to keep my achillies from having issues, so, in addition to doing 2 swims this week instead of a mid-week run, I decided on a 4 minutes run; 1 minute walk strategy for the long run.  My  reasoning is that, if I'm going to miss a run, I'd rather not miss the long run - however I didn't want to push my luck.  I did the run/walk thing for the first 9 or 10 miles, then I tried running for 10-15 minutes at a time because I did want my legs to get tired (it is, after all, the 'long run').  The last half-hour felt pretty horrible.  The good news is the legs, though tired - did pretty well.  No stabbing pain the the achillies.  And that's probably the longest run I've done in almost 2 years - so that's good.  Hopefully the achillies will respond well to another few days of rest and I can get a good run in on Monday.  Next Wednesday and Friday I need to do runs of 10 and 12 miles - so I can do those at work.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home