Friday, September 23, 2011

Week 8 Long Run.

So I made it through my long run without getting whopped in the head by a falling satellite.  The day started with the kid drop-off at 8:50 and cool, but very humid conditions (95%!).  I started at a very modest pace down route 215, did the loop in Noank and then headed toward GLP.  I did an extra short loop there, since I was thinking I wasn't going to get 15 total.  I then headed into Mumford cove and over to Bluff Point.  I felt pretty good heading into the trail.  However, about half-way in, my left calf/achilles tendon started having a fairly sharp sensation.  At that point I stopped stretched and walked along the harder part of the trail.  Although it felt a little tender this week, I think the uneven trail aggrivated it.  I maybe walked 5-8 minutes total the rest of the way - usually for 1-2 minutes at a time.  It's always hard to walk, but the words "live to fight another day" always ring out with injuries.  It started to rain steadily for the last hour.  I'm icing the sucker now.

I have to say, the 'middle-long' runs these last 3 weeks have been really hard.  It only gets harder now: 3 of the next 5 weeks I'll be running my 'long-long' runs - starting one week from today with a 16 miler.  Hopefully October will bring stronger legs and cooler weather.  

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home