Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Week 6.

So week 6 finally got off to a start this morning.  I skipped mondays run for a myriad of reasons: had to do a conference on Sunday, our late Saturday, busted water heater at home, sore foot - I suppose mainly the sore foot - since if that felt better I would have gutted it out.  As it stands, I skipped the 8x400 intervals since it was on the light side anyway - I was guessing I'd do more harm than good - and did a kinda pathetic strength workout.  Did the normal swim last night - although, again, kinda skimped on it since we were meeting friends at the pond.  So this morning I set off on a 8 mile 'tempo' of sorts - 7:50s were the goal.  

As has been the case all summer - the humidity was pegged near 100% when I started out - I did the first 3 miles at a 7:40ish pace, and knew I needed to slow up.  So I then did 8:02, 7:58, 7:53 and 7:55 - which probably still had me under 7:50.  The last mile I was pretty destroyed - so I eased it in at 8:03.  A pretty good effort really - although the rest of the day I felt pretty dehydrated and useless.  Fortunately - sitting at the conference center listening to science is a pretty good way to treat that.  Even that wore me out though - I'm now home nursing my foot injuries.  Pretty acute pain on both heals and the right plantar facia.  I'm not panicking yet - but if this continues to progress worse - I probably won't be running that marathon.  I think it does feel a little worse today than it did after last Friday's run - but it may be all the conference center walking around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home