Saturday, May 21, 2016

Post Race Week

So this week I tried to hit three workouts: swim, bike, run.  I did the swim on Monday - a short easy workout - good for resting the legs.  Tuesday I ran the normal 4.7 with Larry.  We both felt sore and took it easy.  Wednesday I biked to and from work - about 13 miles round trip.  Thursday Larry and I hit the track for: 200, 400, 600, 800, 800, 600, 400, 200.  I tried to hit 6 min/mile paces on the first 200, 400 and 800 - and the last 400 and 200.  I took a bit off the other ones - since I was almost losing consiousnous on the hard ones.  Felt good to run hard though.  I hoping to do the Adrian Martinez Classic in a few weeks - so I just wanted to work a little speed in.  Finished Friday with another swim.  A good solid week - need to get some strength in tomorrow.  Also in the news - taking the Hoka plunge.  The shoe store guy tried selling me on these a while back - but I couldn't handle the clown shoes look - but a marathon and a wobbly ankle and knee later - and i'm thinking i can live with the crazy big feat if they get me to the qualifying time.  Shoes can make a big difference, I now have the adrenilines - and i'll probably pick up another pair of mizunos in the summer.  Haven't taken the hokas out yet - but i got their most stable pair - i think the pronation in the mizunos probably contributed a little to my leg problems (but damn they feel so good!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home