Friday, September 01, 2017

August 5K

Last night I did my second bae 5k of the summer.  Almost the same time as the July race - but i'm a little disappointed with the effort since the weather was so nice out.  I started slower this time, then was over 7 for the second mile - and the last mile was in the 6:50s.  Ok pacing - just may need to get out faster and push it more next time.  And next time may be in two weeks when the last race in the series is.  There may be an Arlington race next weekend - so I can try that as well.

I ran for the first time in 8 days on Monday.  8 miles - at a 7:50 pace - although the pace was very varied (?).  And with those two runs my half training is officially started.  My knee has been very sore - but seemed to fair well during the race.  I have a new knee brace - maybe it helped.  I also have a new rowing machine - i think that it may actually be aggravating the pain a bit.  Will a 6x800 workout help?  Probably not.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home