Sunday, July 02, 2017

Half way point

Now that summer has begun, I'm looking at the last week on my 'winter' plan before i head to the fall of 2017 tracking sheet.  Averages are 17 miles/week running for the winter and 21 for my modified xt miles.  Pretty consistent.  The down weeks were usually on or around racing weeks or earlier in the winter.  I think every week had at least 3 runs.  And I managed 3 races (4 if we count the ragnar) - with another possible one this week.  The good news is that I don't have to change to much going into fall - i'll aim for 3-4 runs and lots of strength training for the half.  I'll probably keep the intensity ok for now - but aim to pick it up when the weather cools.  I should probably start hitting the track again when i return from canada.

This week was pretty typical.  I did lunch runs from work on Monday and Wednesday - each about 4.5 miles at a 8:11 and 8:08 paces - so pretty easy.  I gave myself 2 days off and then did a nasty hot run up the bikepath yesterday - 8 miles at an 8:30 pace.  Absolute swampy mess when i got back.  It's suppose to cool off for Tuesday - so maybe the race will be good.

Yeah, that green isn't grass - it is nasty swamp water.

I did get out to Walden for a 20 minute swim on Wednesday night, and we did a family bike ride up to lexington on thursday.  So plenty of exercise this week.

Walden

Weight has been holding steady.  mid-week lows around 149 and change.  Weekend high was this morning at 151 - not great - but eating out and beers really tough to avoid this time of year.  I'm going to head shopping and try and get some good lean food to eat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home