Saturday, September 16, 2017

Lots of Humidity and Town Day

So the humidity hit this week.  Thursday I headed out at lunch hoping to do a 5 mile tempo at 7:20.  Pacing was a bit off.  I started at 7:40 - which was good since I wanted to start a bit slow and ramp into it - I then did mile 2 at 7:21 (ok) and mile 3 at 7:11 (probably too fast).  At that point the humidity was on me like a blanket and I stopped thinking I'll break it into 3Mx2M at 7:20 - but I just couldn't get going again and jogged it in.  Still, not a bad workout.  Realistically, trying to squeeze these into lunch during some hotter end of summer days, these things are going to happen.  Take away a good workout, even if it isn't what was planned.

Today was the Town Day race - 2.7ish miles up Mass ave and down the bike-way.  Last year I finished 2nd overall and 1st in my age group.  This year, facing a stacked field, I came away with 5th overall and 2nd in my age group.  6:44 up, 6:23 down and 6:38 for the last bit.  6:35 overall.  Love that distance - just when you think you'll have to dig deep to keep going - the race ends.  Perfect.  Like thursday - super humid - if it did go longer I would have really slowed.  I'm good for the week now - time to celebrate.  I'll be back at it maybe Monday morning for an 8 miler - with more humidity all week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home