Sunday, October 08, 2017

Two more "fall" runs

So week 6 is in the books.  Got up Thursday and did my 5 mile tempo run in 7:22s - about 7:20 if you look at the gap pacing - since a good chunk was up into arlington.  I started slow - and went down into belmont - then did fastish 4 miles into davis and back to alewife - then a 7:29 mile into arlington center.  slogged home.  A good tempo.  The workout had a 6mile medium tempo - but I didn't think I could manage that since it was pretty hot out.  5 seems plenty.

Today i did 1k,2k,1k,1k workout.  similar to the 1m,2m,2x800 - but a little easier.  Super humid today.  The first 1k feels like a warmup.  I did 4 minutes.  Then the 2k i didn't really time since it was off track - just ran it hard.  The next two 1ks were very hard.  I did the first in under 4, but I think the last one was 4:07 or so - feeling a little gassed - but I guess that is why we do them.

I'll start this week with an afternoon 5 mile tempo from work - hopefully the humidity breaks tuesday.  Then thursday morning i'll do an early morning 14 miler.  fun!  should be nice and cool at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home