Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Nick Bottone Track Mile

Many say, it's the Standard by which all runners are measured... and now I know that I can run a mile in 6 minutes, 12 seconds. A great result: I finished 8 seconds faster than my goal pace, have something to shoot for next year (sub-six) and hopefully improved my overall speed. On the hottest day of the year, the ocean breeze managed to cool off the track enough to make this a very pleasant evening for running.

Next up is the Pfizer Triathlon on August 3rd. I did my first bike into work today - boy does my ass hurt! I'll probably try to get 2 or 3 more rides in before the tri. I also need to find someone willing to lend me a road bike - since my wife's mountain bike probably won't cut it. I think tomorrow is shaping up to be a swim day, and Friday a long run with Dave and Larry (although I can easily flip those to workouts). In fact, if our computers don't get up and running this morning - I may go for a run/swim today at lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home