Friday, September 12, 2008

Feeling Better Long Run

Two things happened today that changed my workout from a swim to a long run. As you may remember - my achilles were killing after Wednesday's intervals - so the plan was to shut it down for a few days. However, it's unusually cold and windy - especially out on the water, and my achilles were feeling better - so I laced'em up and headed out on a long-ish run: 6.7 miles in 54:18 (8:06 min/mile pace). The pace felt good - I thought I was actually going faster than that through most of the run. The achilles 'felt' - but not as tight as they've been, and now I'll take the weekend off before going again.

Totals for the week - just under 22 eq-miles and about 14 miles running. I'll probably try a 9 miler early next week and maybe take a crack at some intervals next Wednesday.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home