Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Long Run Home

Today I left work a little early and ran home. The run covered 9 miles and I did it in 1 hour, 9 minutes and 20 seconds - an astounding 8 minutes faster than a few weeks ago. The weather had a lot to do with that - as it was a beautiful sunny/cool/dry afternoon. I decided to run a little hard 2x2 miles, so I started with ~1 mile warm-up at an even pace, then did 15 minutes faster, slowed for 10 minutes, then did 14 minutes fast. I then had an uphill (Brooke Street) for about four minutes - then did another 1/2 mile (4 minutes) fast, before hitting the Fishtown hill (3 more slow up-hill minutes) before finishing with another fast 8 minutes. I think I did ~5.85 miles fast at about a 7:10-7:15 pace, and another 27 minutes (~3.15 miles) at a slower (8:3oish) pace. All told, a pretty satisfying workout - since I *needed* the long run - but also wanted to mix in some faster tempo-type stuff before these shorter races come up.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home