Saturday, October 04, 2008

JP Morgan Chase Championship

Today was the JP Morgan Chase Championship in NYC. This was my first time running it, and I have to say it is a great event. Not often in life can 'joe average' show up and run a race course along Park Avenue in NYC with an elite field from around the world - but that's exactly what I did this morning - with my family watching.

The course is 3.5 miles - starting out toward the Hemsley hotel and around the top concourse of Grand Central Station heading south before looping back the same way. I finished in 23:37 (good for a 6:44 pace). A pretty good run for me, and a good day for our 'A-team' (which didn't include me), as they finished 4th overall and had the best time for a team from the U.S.

This event is a lot of fun and the championship run really has a great international feel.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home