Friday, February 26, 2010

Easy Swim

I woke up today with horrible congestion in my head and didn't think I was going to get my swim in - this after feeling sluggish yesterday. I decided to try the pool anyway - and whatdoyaknow - it felt pretty good. I didn't swim with much intensity - but my times looked ok: I was swimming the 'fast' 100s at a 1:55 min pace and the 'steady' 100s at a 2:10-2:20 pace. I was really not forcing those at all. I actually felt pretty good during the workout and afterwards - felt better than before - although not near 100%.

What's incredible is that I've been sick for 3 weeks, we've had crappy weather for 4 straight days now - and yet I managed all my scheduled workouts: long run, tempo run and 2 swims. I've even had a decent week with the strength training/yoga. All told - I'll have 1 hour 51 minutes running; 1 hour 31 minutes in the pool and I should be able to 1 hour 20 minutes strength/yoga - a pretty good start. Now if I could only get healthy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home