Monday, June 14, 2010

Week 3 Mile Training

So I took it pretty easy for recovery this weekend and then did a slowish 5-miler today. In more geeky, but related news, I did add my race to the distance vs. pace plot - and I added estimates for the 50 yard and 150 yard runs. Those really help the correlation. Ignore the old equation shown, it fits well to a ln function now: pace = pace_0 + a*ln(dist), where "pace_0" = 365.7 and "a" = 33.17. I like this function because the ln(1) = 0, so the intercept corresponds to my theoretical best mile time. It also projects my half marathon goal to a 1 hour 38 time, which is a doable but fast 7:30 pace. It also gives my goal marathon pace to be just under 3:30 which is a 7:54 pace. Something to shoot for. The correlation works out to an R^2 value of 0.97 for 9 values fitted by 2 parameters - ideally I'd like to get at least one more measurement - maybe for an 400 or 800 meter time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home