Monday, September 07, 2015

Labor Day Intervals

Week 9 is upon me.  I now have less than 5 weeks until the marathon.  Today's workout took place at the AHS track and consisted of 3x1600s - the simplest of interval workouts.  I did the first one at 6:40, the second at 6:36 and the last at 6:34.  A 6;37 average pace - so probably about right.  I was trying to take them a little easy and run hard - but not feel like I was not going to be able to hold on - so a more of a pace workout - since I've had a habit of running bad splits.  I may try and do alternating 7:50/7:10 pace for my 4 mile tempo run wednesday - for the same reason.  The right foot was sore - but they both felt good most of the weekend - and the workout felt oddly short - like my body is used to doing the 2 hour runs now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home