Friday, June 03, 2016

One Mile

Yesterday evening I headed to Concord with Larry to do the mile race.  The meet was great fun.  My race was a little before 6pm.  For some reason very few 'normal' runners turn out for this thing.  I was in the 40-49 open heat with 13 dudes (and a few ladies).  I finished my mile at 5:58.9 - good for 12th out 13 men (and behind one of the ladies).  I'm ok with that, as it is my fastest timed mile ever.  The first lap felt really great.  about halfway through the second lap I started thinking it was gettning hard.  By the 3rd lap it started to feel like a race.  They had a clock at the end of the back stretch - which was nice - running 6s meant I needed to be hitting that at 0:45, 2:15, 3:45 and 5:15.  I was always under and just tried to chug it in.  The remainder of the meet was awesome fun.  Really fast men and women running really fast races.  One of my favorites of all time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home