Friday, September 16, 2016

Pacing

Today I wanted to practice pacing with my MP run.  I haven't been doing a great job with practicing my marathon pace with these runs - primarily because the run has some good hills.  Today the plan was to try and run just over MP on the way up the bikepath and just slightly faster than MP coming down - and work on maintaining a brisk, but comfortable pace.  I ended up doing: 7:51, 7:54, 7: 57 and 7:50 going up.  The turnaround mile was 7:46.  Coming down was 7:39, 7:37 and 7:33.  I tried to run the last hill up hard: 8:07.  Overall pace was 7:48.  So pretty good.  Wore the adrenlines - had a bit of a scare with some bad feeling on the big toe during mile one - but tried to lighten my stride and seemed to manage it.  Great weather.  Actually wore a long sleeve shirt.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home