Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Strength Run - is this getting anywhere?

At 5;50 this morning I headed out for another tough run.  2x3 miles at a 7:20-7:30 pace.  Again on the bike path, so the first interval was uphill: 7:38, 7:27 and 7:23.  It felt difficult to run at that pace for almost 23 minutes.  The turnaround was glorious.  Then downhill.  This is easier, but I do try and push the pace: 7:16, 7:08 and 7:12.  I think just under 7:20 overall - which is good. Feel crappy now - looking forward to not running at all tomorrow for the first time in 6 days.

Worth mentioning as well - I did my first "recovery run" - following the long run - of the cycle.  I'll only do 4 of these total - not great - but it's been a challenge getting out on those days.  The dogma is, it helps training volume without sacrificing quality - but in terms of ramping up volume - I really didn't want too many more miles until this week (and the next 4) - so i've only been doing 5 runs a week (with 2 easy efforts) - now i'll be doing 6 with 3 easier efforts - but only one day off.  Really looking forward to tomorrow.

Additional Note.  I've noticed my weight fluctuates a ton while marathon training.  Last night I weighed in at 155.  This morning, following my run, I was down to 150.  This is common, and probably isn't a great representation due to sweating (??), but i've never hit 150 - so i'm certainly still shedding pounds.  Hopefully not muscle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home