Wednesday, September 16, 2009

More Speed Work and Bowling

I had to go out early today: 6 miles, 4 of which I did at the 'mild' tempo pace of 7:30 min/mile. Again, it felt great to go a little faster than my goal marathon pace, even though it's well above what I'd normally do for a tempo run. I also liked the 4 mile tempo versus my normal 3 mile tempo run. I think I like a little slower, but a little longer with those. I wore the Asics again - without much problem -could still 'feel' the rubbing and the achillies, but nothing as severe as when I first got them - I'm still hopeful I can get 12-18 miles/week in those suckers - but I do need to also think about a second pair.

After the run, I met collegues from work at a Bowling alley to celebrate one of our projects' milestones. It was a lot of fun, probably the most fun I've had at one of our work celebrations. I even managed to focus a little in the second frame and (barely) break 100. Bowling is one of those things I really enjoy, but rarely do. The only bad thing was that my legs - mainly quads - are now a little sore from all the standing about/talking - whereas I usually sit on my butt following runs. Or maybe they're sore from the slightly more intense workout.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home